Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Things I want to knit next

Weaving in the ends of the baby cardigan made me go back and look for the "to do" list I wrote in February. Yes, it's been that long. And in all these months I have only managed to finish my husband's socks and the pink raglan. The blue thing lies abandoned, but the purple linen (that's the eight dollar whim) is now being transformed into the sleeveless tank.




Jennifer wanted to know how I had modified the pattern. Basically, I reduced the number of stitches between diamonds and cables. I also reduced the number of stitches for cables (from nine to seven) and diamonds (from thirteen to eleven). Seven inches into the back I notice that the center of my top is going to be a little more crowded than the original design (pictures coming whenever the computer comes back to life). I could rip down and correct that but I'm not that intent on getting the same look.



You'd think finishing the cardigan and making the tank should be enough to keep me busy, but
I'm itching to make doilies for my new furniture. Which means I should probably finish the ongoing doily I have not touched for a while. I promise not to get carried away, like artist Joana Vasconcelos:.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




In addition to doilies, I'm also thinking of making another pair of socks, using the ribbing Mel's using for hers.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Are you going to use a particular doily pattern for inspiration?

Marlena said...

Oh, you should get carried away! That lamp is fabulous. You'll know you've gone too far only if doilies are draped across every surface of your home.



I linked to the Astrakhan cardigan in my last post, so you can see it now! It's making me so sad that I can't just dive into it and get it done! It's one knit that I just want to wear!

Andrea said...

Is that a doiled (doillied? dolied?) lamp or tv? Now, that is strange....

Pioggia said...

It is a "doilied" TV. Joana Vasconcelos uses a lot of thread and beads in her sculptures. This one is the one that i like most.

mzundercover said...

it is SO nice having furniture, yes? i bought my very first couch over the summer... it's my 2nd piece of furniture that's NOT a hand-me-down :-) enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...