Monday, October 24, 2005

Getting ready

I will be traveling once more this Saturday, but this time I will be gone three weeks. I was planning on spending four or five days in Mexico, but being unemployed gives me the opportunity to stay even longer. My husband will be there just for a few days with me. My sister will be there too, so the whole family will be together.



I want to finish my purple whim before I go. I may not have been blogging about it but I have certainly worked on it. If I ever get the computer fixed I promise a slide show. Right now the back is finished and I'm working on the front.



Here's a picture of the original Vogue pattern in 1963 (taken when I was able to upload pictures). Of course, my purple whim is going to look waaaay different. First of all because the pattern was modified for the 2001 book. But on top of that, my gauge was off and I had to make some changes myself.







Looking closely, I notice that the 1963 version has side shaping, but the modern version doesn't. Now that I think of it, shaping was not a bad idea, I should have thought of that myself. Oh well.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Have a lovely trip!

Kathy said...

Have a wonderful trip. Will you be blogging from the road?

Stacie said...

Have a great time!! Be safe :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...