Thursday, October 13, 2005

One sleeve down




And I am already working on the second one. I feel like starting another project, using the purple linen I am supposed to use up before I buy any more yarn. I was also supposed to finish the blue thing too, but let's not talk about that.



I browsed a few books at the library and found the following pattern from Vogue Knitting's Vintage Collection:



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



My gauge is way off, but I like the look of those cables and diamonds and I'm going to give it a try by reducing the space between them. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep the cables on the shoulders
even after the armhole decreases.



The spider does not want to be trapped and taken outside. Since he's not a brown recluse nor a black widow, and he has stayed away from my cupboards, I'll leave him alone. He's already made himself at home:



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




If I tell my husband, he'll probably kill him, so I'm not telling.

4 comments:

Louise said...

I love the vintage pattern you found. I also noticed how truelly beautiful to see a model who looks like a real woman. She's not some skinny little thing.



It looks like you'll have to figure out a name for your new pet spider.

Jennifer said...

A resident spider just in time for Halloween!



I love the look of that Vogue sweater as well. Very pretty.

Stacie said...

I always try to take spiders outside too. I would do the same as you and not kill it as long as it wasn't a recluse.

Andrea said...

Wow - you are way more soft hearted than I ever could be. I can't stand anything with 8 legs creating a house in mine! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...