Saturday, April 02, 2005

I'm running out of time

I started to make a little butterfly using crochet thread and the same pattern I had tried before, but I did not bother to finish it. It already had a one inch width with just two rounds, and the third round would have added one more inch. A two inch butterfly would have made my tree look like a tiny shrub. The square measures 12x12 inches, but the inner square is only 9.5 x 9.5 inch.



I do have to finish this afghan square as soon as I can. It's already blocked into it's right length and width but it looks empty, it needs a few red things on some of its branches. Are hearts such a bad idea?



I hate indecision. And I'm not happy either with the way my orange yarn turned. It's a very pale shade of orange:



I definitely need more experience with my microwave dyeing. Talking about which, my husband was wondering why our power bill went up just as the weather is getting warmer. It must be all that yarn zapping.



Thanks for your comments on my Spanish blog. Heather wanted to know if it was hard to keep up. Since this is just my second translated entry, I' don't know yet, but I'll keep it going as long as I can.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Maybe you could just make some tiny red circles for apples or maybe you could figure out how to make some tiny hearts with the thread?

thuy said...

i think that's a lovely orange. wish i could come over and we could dye up a storm. i love experimental dyeing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...