Friday, April 29, 2005

Cutting the mustard?

Not being a native speaker, I was puzzled by the expression when I encountered this link. But once I figured it out, I happily solved the quiz:










Your English Skills:



Grammar: 100%

Punctuation: 100%

Spelling: 100%

Vocabulary: 40%





Ha! All my English teachers would be so proud of me... except for the vocabulary part. What on Earth is halcyon?



I've been knitting the last square for this afghan. I'm using shadow knitting but I couldn't find a chart in the book that would meet my gauge, so I came up with one myself:


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us






I know I already used hearts in a previous square. But I cannot think of somehting else and time is short. I'm using green and light grey (I used yellow for the chart because it saves toner on a black and white printer), and the heart is supposed to stand out in green. Right now it's just a couple of inches long and not worthy of showing here, but when I get a good picture I'll post it.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Hearts are always good, always!



And big congratulations on your blogiversary! Yeah for you!!!


Pioggia said...

Thank you! I agree, hearts always convey a positive message (and are easy to knit/crochet).

Name said...

I thought Halcyon was some kind of chemical...but shows what I know. I flunked the test!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...