Sunday, April 17, 2005

Two blue things

First, the one I've been neglecting for a looooong time:



I completed the front and the shoulder seams. I did short row shoulders and for the first time I picked up the horizontal wraps when doing a three needle bindoff. While the results are prettier than my previous attempts (in which I completely ignored the wraps), the wrapped stitches look kinda crooked, don't you think?



And here's the other blue thing:






I was very amused (and maybe inspired) by the answers I got... the nose warmer made me laugh a lot, I do need one because my nose is always cold. I'd feel silly with a triangle on my nose, though. There's actually a pattern for those in knitty. Who'd thought of that?



It's actually a pencil case. And I'm planning on decorating it with an iron-on. Has anyone attempted to stick an iron-on to mercerized cotton? I hope it works.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I would think an iron-on would work on mercenized cotton. As long as you follow the iron-on directions. I've had an iron-on peel off a garment before, but I was playing fast and loose with the directions. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...