Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Forgotten anniversary

Heather reminded me I've been blogging for a whole year. Looking back, I've managed to complete a few things, and I'd be very happy about them except for the blue thing. I think I got the yarn for it immediately after starting this blog and I'm still working on it.



I knitted both halves of the neckband and attached one of them to the neckline. I'm used to leaving live stitches on the neckline, but this time I didn't know what to do, so I crocheted them to the knitted neckband. I'm not sure it's working:






I'd appreciate any ideas/opinions on this.



Also, I'm wondering what I should do about joining both neckbands. I think I'm going to have a pretty ugly seam back there unless I learn how to
GRAFT. Oh my.



As for the pencil case, it now looks like this:





I have to weave in that end, sew a patch of velcro as closure, and add the iron-on. I'm guessing I'll do that sometime next week because the afghan project needs yet another square, which I'm happy to provide. I'll be picking up more yarn tomorrow and then knitting as fast as I can because they really need it ASAP.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Blogaversary!


Jennifer said...

Hmmm... About the neckband, grafting may look better. Or maybe a backstich? If you need help with grafting, I learned from the first SnB book. Sally Melville's book The Knit Stitch also has a good primer.

Jennifer said...

Hmmm... About the neckband, grafting may look better. Or maybe a backstich? If you need help with grafting, I learned from the first SnB book. Sally Melville's book The Knit Stitch also has a good primer.

Missy said...

Happy anniversary to Cheap Knitter! ^_^ It's been great to have you around this last year. Your projects always inspire me.



Don't be afraid of grafting - it's not as hard as it sounds. I tried it out after reading the instructions in Stitch 'N' Bitch: A Knitter's Handbook. I'd give my advice on the neckband, but I can't see the image right now. I hope you work it out, though.



The pencil case looks lovely.

Pioggia said...

Thank you! It's been quite fun so far.



As for grafting, I have Buss's Big Book of Knitting. Because of the way I knit, my stitches are crooked, so following those instructions isn't helpful. I must sit down and figure it out when I finish this afghan square.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...