Friday, April 08, 2005

No shadows yet

This is how my second square looks so far:





When I'm done, it'll be a checkerboard square. I'm a little uneasy, because I really cannot see any difference even when looking at it sideways.



My husband reports that his socks fit him fine, but they are itchy. I guess this means he won't wear them unless I beg him to. Which I won't, because I believe socks are like underwear: you should only wear them if they are comfortable.



Should I knit him another pair? Nah. I've got other things to knit first as soon as I finish this afghan square. I'm keeping my promise and I'm not buying anything until I finish the blue thing and I do something with my linen yarn.



Which reminds me, Urraca wanted to know where in Madrid did I find 100% linen. It was in an alpargatería, a place off the Plaza Mayor on its South side. I cannot remember the name of the store, but it sells basketry materials, ropes and strings. No serious knitter would be searching for yarn there, but someone from "El Gato Negro" (which is on the plaza and sells expensive yarns) pointed me to that place.

3 comments:

nasheikah said...

girl, my blogs gone wild!!

hope to figure this out soon ! thanks

Jennifer said...

Wow! You have more willpower than I do. I've tried the "I'm not buying any more yarn" pledge and have already broken it.

Michele said...

Hi Pioggia,



Just wanted to say I absolutely love the tree square and this one looks like it's going to be pretty cool, too.



Hope you're having a happy knitting weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...