Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A finished tree

It feels like it took forever. Here's how the tree looked when I was done knitting:







And here's how it looks with the little hearts I added:






While I admit it looks a little cheesy, it looks much better with the hearts than without them. I was going to return all the extra yarn, but I offered to make another square and my offer was taken. So lets see.... by weight, I have enough yarn, but more than half of it is Black. Depressing. But lookie here.....



Isn't that technique just perfect to use when half your yarn is a dark color? I got this book in January and have done nothing with it since. It's the ideal opportunity to learn how to knit with shadows.

7 comments:

Vaxgirl said...

Funny, when I look at them together I definitely like the plain one better. But the more I look at the hearts one the more I like it, especially when I see the enlarged version. The little hearts are so cute!

tracy said...

Not cheesy at all, looks cute!

Missy said...

It looks fabulous! I quite like the hearts myself. If it is cheesy, it is in the best possible way. Great job.

froggy said...

looks great. cool idea.

Lani said...

Oh, It turned out great. I love it. :)

Heather said...

I also like them both, but think the hearts add a warm touch. Whoever wins the afghan will love it, I'm sure!



The shadow knitting sounds cool -- isn't that the same technique as used in the alien scarf in the Stitch and Bitch book 1?

Pioggia said...

I believe it's the same technique. I'm giving it a try just now. Thanks everyone for your comments, they're very encouraging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...