Thursday, August 30, 2007

Discouraged


I spent all Summer waiting to apply for a position that was going to be opened "anytime soon..." Specifically, the person filling that position announced since May that she'd be leaving in September, and I was recommended for the job. But the position had to be submitted for approval, approved, filed, opened to internal candidates, waited on, internal selection made, no internal candidate found, approved for opening to external candidates, filed again and so on.

For those of you lucky to start working whenever you please, the fact that there is an emergency hire and they want someone to start ASAP wouldn't bother you.

Me, I cannot start working without changing my visa first. It's not hard, really, I make an appointment with a US embassy back home,  and a week later I present all my certifications and letters of recommendation along with a letter of employment. I get my new visa another week later and I can come back to the US and start working.

Not hard, but it does require a wait of about two weeks.

Well, this is yet another job opportunity I have to let go because they're not willing to wait two weeks.

So now you know why I'm discouraged.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

It will all work out :)

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry this has been so difficult.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...