Sunday, September 09, 2007

Feeling Better


It turns out that I *might* still get the position. Nobody seems to know and I was unwilling to blog about this until I knew for sure what the outcome was going to be, but I'm tired of waiting. Also, other things have been going on. For example, my pooch was bitten by a spider, got an infection and was wearing that stupid Elizabethan collar once more.

I also finished spinning the purple yarn I intended to use for socks. The results are not very satisfactory. First of all, I have a few slubs.



Slubs aren't that bad. They are soft and if they end up on the sole of the sock you can still step on them if they're not too thick. The problem is what I call "snarls" (they might have a better name). They are the result of overtwisting the singles a bit too much and not having enough tension when plying. I have a few of those and they stiffen the yarn. I wouldn't want to step on those.



The rest of the yarn is not that bad and I might still use it for socks, cutting the bad parts out and then weaving in the ends, but I'm not sure I want to do that. I did keep practicing and made another skein, this time with much better results.



Sadly, that's not enough for a pair of socks, and I don't have any rovings left from that dye lot. Oh well.

The pink thing has grown a bit in the back, though the front is in standby. The chocolate socks have also grown past the heel turn, no holes this time. I had to do wraps while knitting the heel flap and chomping up the gusset stitches. I like the results a lot.


1 comment:

Diane said...

Your yarn looks lovely and soft,i don't understand the over twisting because as you know i can't spin,but i quite like the soft thicker slubs in the yarn,it makes it look unique.I'm so sorry pooch is in the wars again, he doesn't have any luck bless him....

I don't understand the visa laws and how you can't work etc... Not having ever moved abroad i don't know the rules.But it seems a shame if you've got everything in place and you still can't get the job.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you,it must feel very frustrating for you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...