Monday, August 06, 2007

Stuff in my fridge


I thought I had a reasonably clean fridge. I really don't clean it that often, but it doesn't get dirty, and I'm prettty good at not allowing food to spoil in my fridge. That's why I don't understand how this happened:



Does that count as spoiling? After all, those sprouts are thriving. And yet, I'm certainly not eating those potatoes.

In other news, I've been working on my new sock project. I chose the "go with the flow" pattern by Evelyn A. Clark, published in Favorite Socks by Interweave. It's not a toe-up pattern but it makes no difference. Or does it? I don't know if I'm supposed to read the charts from the top down since this is, after all, a cuff-down pattern. The fact that the instep section has the first two purls outside the repeat section makes me think these charts were made to be read from the top.


Just in case, after two inches of pattern I inverted the ssk and the k2tog. I'm not going to rip all the way down to implement this change, because really, those two inches are going to be inside the shoe and besides, the difference is very subtle. Also, I learned early on that if you take the socks off the needles, it is very hard to get them back on in the right order. Other than that, this idea of knitting two socks on two circular needles is great.

The figure eight toe was also a success. I learned how to make symmetrical increases to avoid twisting. I also like how the colors are banding diagonally. The purple and orange are alternating within one single band, like striping within a stripe.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

This is not spoiled potato! EHappenes always to me. Though it would be better to keep them out of fridge!



Ohh, love the sock coloureway!

Diane said...

OOOh i love the colour of your socks!I really,really must get some sock yarn and have a go at knitting some.I always love other peoples sock knitting...i'm envious :)

Stick the sprouting spuds in the garden....you never know your luck you could end up growing your own!;)

Louise said...

The socks sound like a challenge for sure. As for the potatoes, they don't count as spoiling. I don't put potatoes in the fridge but from time to time I have a few with sprouts like that on them and I still cook them up and eat them. They are fine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...