Friday, August 17, 2007

Done!




Stubborn as I am, I kept on knitting according to the pattern even if I knew the cuff was not tight. I did try the socks on before going on and they seemed to stay in place. I did a very loose bindoff the way Vaxgirl taught me and wore them right away, no washing or blocking. But wool socks in August are not a terribly good idea, unless you're wearing sandals. I believe wearing socks with sandals is in good taste if the socks are handmade. The spouse agrees with me.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The socks are very comfortable and I hope they remain so after washing them. My feet were happy and I guess I'm lucky, because that means I can choose either a gussetted heel or a short row heel when making socks for myself.

I picked up the pink lacy thing and guess what? I still hate it. But I did get to the armholes before starting something else.



Those are socks for the spouse. He will have his own gusseted socks and provide further input. I did not use a figure eight toe, but a Turkish toe instead. I think I like it even better.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love the socks! they look absolutely gorgeous and i bet they're really comfortable....i must try to knit my self some, i only have small feet,i take an English shoe size 4, i don't know the European or USA equivalent but my feet are small,what i trying to say is if i got stuck into it ,it wouldn't take me long to knit my sad self a pair :)

Jennifer said...

Yay for finished socks! They look great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...