Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Curly Singles


My singles were overtwisted on purpose, because I don't want any slubs showing once I'm plying. Want to see how overtwisted they were?



Just in case, I decided to also set the twist before plying.  A little warm water and overnight stretching has straightened those singles into submission.



Back to a cardboard tube, from which it will be plied once I'm done with the second batch of singles.



I don't see many slubs, so I hope I can really make socks from this yarn once it's been plied.

The chocolate socks for the spouse have grown a few rows, but I didn't feel like taking a new picture. I should be starting the heel now, but I want him to try them on briefly before that.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is extra twisty! It's looking great on the tube.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...