Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sock progress

Here's the toe of the sock just before unzipping the crochet chain that I used as a foundation. I actually had to do this twice, because on my first attempt the thread I used for the crochet chain was too thin. As a result, that side of the sock had a noticeably tight row right right after the toe.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




The crochet thread I used instead might look like it's too bulky, but it actually produced the right gauge. Here's the sock so far:






Soon I'll be turning the heel. Right now I'm doing ribs just on the upper side, but once I turn the heel it will have ribbing all around.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I love socks. What is it about socks? Everytime I see someone knitting socks on a blog I just smile! :-)

Jennifer said...

I just turned the heel on mine and am heading down to the toe. Which way to you prefer to do socks, toe up, or top down?

Louise said...

Looking good. I haven't knit a pair of so toe up socks before. I'll have to try it out sometime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...