Friday, December 23, 2005

One more year

For the first time in many years, my birthday does not include traveling or preparing to travel abroad for Christmas. Today my family is here with me and we spent the day visiting the shoreline marshes. Sadly, dogs are not allowed, in order to protect the wildlife. But it was a cold and foggy day, so the pooch wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway. Even the wildlife seemed lethargic:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


We're going tonight to a Japanese restaurant. I called in this morning to make a reservation and all I got was a slot at 9:30. I'm glad we're all hispanics and that we're used to having late dinners.

So let's see, was this a good year? I think so. I had to quit a job I liked and leave behind my friends and co-workers. That was sad. But I moved to a lovely place where the weather is much nicer and the spouse is happier with a better paying job. We don't even have to worry about me being unemployed. And I've been knitting and reading lots of books - about thirty five books this year. And the best news? My pooch is staying! We reached an agreement: He'll be here until March or April. If things don't work out, my mom will take him back. He's been a good boy so far and I hope he remains so.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy b-day! And many more!

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a nice day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...