Monday, December 12, 2005

Fancy blocking board needed


All I have is a piece of styrofoam. If I also had a protractor and a pair of compasses I might do better than this:



I keep telling myself that I don't really need a proper blocking board with a grid and a set of concentric circles on it, but I guess it's denial.

Here's how the sock is progressing. These socks are not for me, but if they fit me they will fit my mother. I wonder if it's just the flash or if the sock really looks that thin.



Lately, blogdrive has been adding ads to my entries. These ads come and go and I'm not very happy with them, as I got no warning and they kind of look like part of the text in the entry. The husband insists I should switch to blogger. I almost did when they started adding ads to the comments. In general I don't mind the comment ads, though I sometimes wish I didn't have to see people in their underwear while reading comments. So what do you think, should I move to a better home?

6 comments:

Sandra said...

No, stay where you are!

jody said...

the sock -- i suspect the flash is doing most of the transparency. it's crazy what flash can do!



the move -- by blogger you mean you would get a blogspot URL, right? lately they've had quite a bit of downtime. the blogdrive ads would bug me though as well, so i guess you need to weight the two.

Jennifer said...

Well, I use blogger, and overall have been satisfied. I don't mind the ads though, so if you feel comfortable at blogdrive, I'd stay.

Susan said...

I've found that the ads only appear in the entries when the advert at the top of the page is 'Ads by Google'. I noticed them on my blog the other day and at first I thought that someone had hacked into my blog and added them! I used to be with Blogger but I started having problems with them - I would write a full post but when I published it all that showed up was the title. By the time Blogger fixed the problem I had already signed up with Blogdrive. I think it's a lot easier to use than Blogger.

Louise said...

I have a host and I use Fusion News. It involves a bit of work, but I have full control over my entire site. Fusion is freeware and it was easy to set up. Here's the url if you're interested. http://fusionphp.net/



That's not to say I think you should move, but if the ad thing really bothers you it is an alternative.

Andrea said...

I've read that alot of people been having problems with blogger. They'll write long posts only to have them disappear. If the ads are bearable, I'd stick with where you are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...