Monday, February 26, 2007

Stitches West

I could not afford not to go to this event, considering I live in the area. I took a class taught by Ginger Luters, called Module Magic: Triangles. I had lots of fun. Note that I had previously made a multidirectional scarf, but I still learned new ways of acheiving a similar effect. And there were also new things I hadn't tried before, so it was all very interesting to me. I was not very satisfied with another class I took, but I know my classmates did enjoy it so I will not complain. And then there was the marketplace: a mind-blowing amount of fibery goods. I tried my best to restrain myself, but I was weak:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


These are all going to be "first projects" for me in different categories. The lace tee kit is the only kit I've ever bought in my life. Then there's the Bamboo yarn, a fiber I've never tried. The skeins are a bit messy but I got them with a 30% discount. There's also some Crystal Palace kid merino which I will use to make a lace shawl. Lace is not new to me, but shawls and mohair are. And finally, silk hankies: I've never spun with real silk before, only soy silk. Not included in this picture are the buttons I got for an old jacket of mine.

So, feeling guilt-ridden after all this splurging, I knitted like crazy to finish the baby blanket, and I almost finished the socks for my friend:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I will soon start one of the new projects. Which one? Hmmmmm..... tough choice. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Too fun!!! I think I would start with the Tee to have for Spring :)

Jennifer said...

Very nice yarn purchases! I'm glad you had a good time at Stitches.

Sandra said...

Lucky you for being able to take knitting class (that is total mistery here in Croatia).

Blanket turned out so lovelly ( no matter how much you have been nagging while knitting it!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...