Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Baby Blanket


I have a very dear friend who is very pregnant (28 weeks). I've been meaning to knit her something but I've not been in the mood for knitting baby stuff. Still, she's a very good friend and I do want to knit her something. I thought a baby blanket would bee fast enough and would also let me get rid of that boucle acrylic from last year's baby cardigan.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Well, it seems that I'm running out of yarn and that I will need another skein. Which means I will later have to find some use for the extra boucle, since I will definitely not want it in my stash. This is already a small blanket (21 x26 in). If I had known I was going to need another skein I would have made it bigger.

And no, ripping is not an option.


The second sock is still awaiting my bravery. The skein of yarn is still a little moist. I'm hoping to mail it tomorrow.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, I remember that baby cardi! And akk I can say - time really flies!

Lovelly blanket!

Diane said...

I remember the boucle well....it's a bit of a "B" to get undone...i know i've tried myself and it just becomes very tangled....mind you i suppose all of those loops and curls make it a snugglier wool for baby items.....i love the colour and the blanket is so sweet too...

Marlena said...

Oh, I hate when that happens! It seems that whenever I try to make something using leftovers, I always have to buy more and then generate MORE leftovers!



And I hear you on the ripping. If I have to rip boucle ever again, I might dissolve into tears. Maybe you'll have enough left for a wee hat to go with the blanket?

Jennifer said...

Oh, that's a bummer. How about using another type of yarn for a border instead of getting another ball?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...