Thursday, February 08, 2007

Socks and yarn

I finished the tubular bindoff of the second sock, again following the tubular bindoff tutorial from Jody. I love the results, but I noticed that when doing this on socks, the first two stitches leave an irregular gap on the edge. You can see it on the top of the first sock.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


That's becausethe yarn has to go through all stitches twice, but the first two are dropped after going through them only once. Without a second pull, that little hole remains. For the second sock, instead of dropping the first two stitches in the beggining (after going through them once with the yarn), I placed them on the last needle and went through them again after I had gone all the way around. I think it looks better.

Finally the skein of yarn is dry and ready to ship:



I also need to get back to Michaels and get some more of that yellow bouclé. Thanks for the advice, but since this blanket is knitted diagonally, I cannot stop now or change yarns.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Though I wanted - I've never tried tubular cast off - well, after that clear tutorial I might try!



Green hank is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...