Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Socks and Rug


Thanks for all the nice comments on my hashi-oki. I am taking a ceramics class and will continue to take it during the Summer, but if everything works out I'll start a professional certification program in August. I've been getting ready for that, which involved a bunch of tramits. The fact that I'm an immigrant who is changing her status (student's wife to worker's wife) creates more headaches, but things are working out. In June I have to go back home to get my passport stamped and all will be settled. Meanwhile, there's not much knitting progress around here. I started a checkerboard pattern on the doggie rug but ran out of yarn, and I need to spin more in order to continue. I finished the ribbing of my second sock, but still have to work on the  big toe:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I haven't touched the bouclé baby cardigan, but my friend is 23 weeks pregnant so I'd better hurry.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Baby knits go pretty fast, so I think you're ok.

Sandra said...

23 weeks - no way you won't finish it within next 17 weeks! This rag really reminds me of bag!

Diane said...

I love your socks,the colour is very pretty.I agree with Sandra and Jennifer about the baby coat...17 weeks is plenty of time...i'm sure you'll be finished by then :)

jody said...

i'm struggling with the same thing on the baby blanket i'm making. you can only procrastinate "new baby" items for so long!



good luck getting yours done too :)

Diane said...

Thank You very much Pioggia!My very pretty yarn arrived safe and sound this morning...it got here quicker than our local post does!!!:)...Now i've got to decide how to use it...hmmm...it's got to be something worth while...Oh and for ME!LOL

Heather said...

the ceramics class sounds fun - please show other creations : )



what sort of professional certificate?



hoping you are well-

H

Andrea said...

What are you going to do with your professional certification?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...