Friday, May 12, 2006

Little rants...

What would we do without a little rant once in a while? This is a short one. I needed to make an appointment for Something Important. The SI phone number has one of those ubiquitous answering services that let you choose a language. As I always do, I chose Spanish, because I like to hear my native language as often as I can.

After the usual wait listening how wonderfully SI works, I got a bossy lady who gave me tons of useless information and finally gave me an appointment for a totally inconvenient date. Nope, there was no way to change it, she insisted. I had no choice but to accomodate to the SI schedule because really, there was nothing she could do.

Five minutes later I called again and chose English. I got a different representative who actually offered two more choices for my appointment. Yes, the SI schedule was pretty busy but hey, I got a better date and that suits me. Now tell me what you think. Was the Spanish speaking representative simply incompetent, or was that discrimination?


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hmmm interesting question. I'd like to think it was incompetence.

Sandra said...

Discrimination! Capital D!

Michele said...

Hi Pioggia,



You've been busy over here. Sorry I haven't stopped by for a while.



As for your question, I hope it wasn't discrimination but my cynical and jaded heart suspects it wasn't incompetence.



Hugs, and hoping you never have to find out just in case you don't like the answer,



Michele

Stacie said...

I am hoping for incompetence.

Andrea said...

Wow. I'm hoping that she was having a horrible day and customer service just wasn't her forte that day. That's just awful. Have you thought about saying something once you have your SI appointment?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...