Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Moldy corn

Looking at my pictures from Mexico, most are pictures of friends and family. The only interesting picture I have is this one:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



It might look yucky, but where I come from, moldy corn is a delicacy. We call it "huitlacoche", and nobody can cook it better than my friend Beatriz. She added garlic, onion, poblano peppers and created a piece of heaven. Too bad I did not take pictures of the final result, I was too busy eating it. Yummy!



I have not gotten yet to my pictures of Guatemala, nor have I taken the time to make pictures of my souvenirs. Those will be coming soon. As for knitting, I have not picked up my needles at all. Among unpacking, doing laundry, selling furniture and preparing our move, I've had no time.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I love learning about foods from other countries and tasting them too!! Wonder where I could go to sample this meal? I must say that I am curious about how the mold doesn't get you sick. This is really interesting!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like an interesting dish. I don't think I've heard of it before.

Tracy said...

I think you just have to go along the lines of penicillin and believe it does taste great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...