Monday, August 15, 2005

Back in the USA

And glad to be here! Coming home wasn't easy. They must have cancelled over 40 flights in Atlanta after yesterday's storm. They did not cancel ours right away, of course. They kept re-scheduling it for many hours until they finally cancelled it. By then the line for re-booking was as long as the airport terminal itself. We tried talking to a representative through their hotline but all they could do for us (after a very looooong wait listening to bad music) was get us a flight for tomorrow morning. And since this was just bad weather and not Delta's fault, they were not willing to pay hotel expenses. So we decided to rent a car (we finally got one at 4:00 am today) and we drove all the way from Atlanta. I still did not make it to work on time but at least I'm here. I wish my luggage were here too but we'll get to that later.


My vacations were lovely and I had a great time with friends and family. I want to say I was a good girl because I did not buy any yarn, but I did spend some money on hand-woven and hand embroidered huipiles. I'll show pictures as soon as I catch up with work and everything else.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you are home and you had a great trip!

Stacie said...

Welcome back!

Kathy said...

Welcome home! Do you have any vacation pics to share?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...