Monday, November 29, 2004

I can now be labeled

I'm a combination knitter. At least according to this excellent site, where an expert knitter is trying to gain some converts.



I've knit this way all my life and it never occurred to me that this was an anomaly until I noticed that sometimes patterns did not make much sense. And now, after 20+ years of knitting, I discover that my method actually has a name, and someone is trying to teach it to others. I sure see the advantages: no wrist pain ever.



Oh, and that sore pinkie? Well, that comes from ordinary knit stitches, which I learned to make in order to knit in the round (though I still do weird things when I purl in the round).



Well, I'm not alone then. I feel better. Though I hate labels, don't you?

4 comments:

Stacie said...

That site is great. I am putting a link to the tutorial on my site. I use that method when I knit Fair Isle. Usually I knit English.

Michele said...

Congratulations, Pioggia! Vindication at last!!! Thanks for the link to the site. It looks great!

froggy said...

oh i have to try that! thanks for the link.

Quenna said...

Hi -- I love combination knitting too -- it solved my wrist pain also. Love your knitting philosohy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...