Sunday, November 21, 2004

Two potholders

Remember my first Kool-Aid yarn? I thought about different things to do with this very irregular yarn and finally decided to make these two potholders:








One is larger than the other, but not by much. Making these potholders gave me an opportunity to rest my pinkie (so far no pain) and also to practice a couple of new stitches. The small potholder was made in Shaker stitch (from Buss's Big Book of Knitting). I modified the stitch in order to make the larger potholder, and got a less stretchy fabric, but it's just as thick as the Shaker stitch.



I also took a picture of a doily I started about a year ago and then abandoned. Maybe if I post it here I'll get myself to finish it:


4 comments:

Marta said...

This Shaker stitch looks interesting. I have Busse's book in German, I have to check out how the stitch is called.

Stacie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Michele said...

Love the colour on your potholders! You're dying is so great.



Thanks for your feedback on my blog. I'll be sure to keep you posted on any changes.

Missy said...

Great potholders! I love the colour of your dyed yarn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...