Sunday, October 03, 2004

Finally, some pictures

This new job is fun, and certainly more interesting than what I was doing before, but I'm no longer in front of a computer all day long. Which is a good thing, having to walk around is better for my legs and for my eyes. However, you can tell that my blogging rate has been affected. And at home, my poor husband is writing all day and hardly steps away from the computer, so I've been unable to upload some pictures. But here they are for you to see. First, let me show you the kool aid yarn, rolled into a ball and ready to use:






I'll use it as a single ply. This yarn is very irregular and I need to practice some more before plying. I've already started spinning the rest of my wool rovings, which will end up as another koolaid experiment later on:



As for knitting pictures, here's a finished baby scarf, already blocked:







Here's how I threaded those beads:




Using beads is certainly fun with a small project like this. Let's see how it goes with my next kiddie scarf. I already have a chart for writing my nephew's name with beads. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the beaded scarf! I haven't tried beading yet, but maybe for Christmas presents. I am having fun dyeing yarn, too. It doesn't always come out the way I expect- kinda like my cooking.

Missy said...

Wow. The beaded scarf is gorgeous! I love it. It's kinda inspiring me to try knitting with beads someday... Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...