Friday, October 08, 2004

More dyeing

I finished spinning the rest of my wool rovings. It was much easier than the previous ones that I dyed before spinning them. Also, the yarn looks more homogeneous. I wonder if that's because I'm getting better with my spindle or simply because my dyed rovings were a little stiff.



I used Changing Cherry Kool aid to dye this yarn. I don't have pictures but I basically used the same method as before, except that I spun the rovings first. The color is distributed evenly with a few pale spots here and there, but I believe it looks better than when I dyed the roving. Also, you normally have to wet the wool to set the twist anyway, and the dye bath let me skip that step. The yarn is hanging in my bathtub and as soon as it's dry I'll wind it into a ball and post some pictures.






Missy suggested that I use the extra beads to make a star on the other end of my nephew's scarf. Thanks for the idea! I don't have enough beads to write his name again (or his last name) so a star will be perfect.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

The scarves look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...