Friday, September 03, 2004

Last day of work!

Boy, this was a busy week. I still had to finish the monthly report and try to unofficially teach someone else how to do things before the powers above actually announce who will take my position. Very awkward. But I did what I could and now I'm happy to leave and very excited about my new job.



In the meantime, I read here that soy silk can be Kool-Aid dyed. This means I'll join the dye along. I never join knitalongs, usually because I don't wish to buy the yarns or the patterns (though most of them are gorgeous and totally worth the money spent on them). Being that this dye-along is on the cheap side, it really appeals to me.



The problem, of course, is finding soy silk. There's a lot of it on ebay but it's all been dyed already... except for rovings. So I got myself some rovings and followed Stacie's
example. I made myself a spindle (you can find links to the instructions on her page) and I've been relieving the stress while spinning the soy silk. It's fun, but it's not easy. A lot of the stuff ends up stuck to my clothes, the bedspread, the rug... Maybe I should have started with wool, but I wanted to try something new.



I'm really going to miss the people here, you wouldn't believe how nice they are. My farewell gift is actually a gift certificate for a LYS near me. I'm very excited. I'll be there tomorrow morning using it up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...