Sunday, September 05, 2004

Farewell goodies:

Here's the card I got from my co-workers. Isn't it cute?



I particularly like the Yo-Yo-Ba-a-a... sheep. I've been recently knitting in my husband's office while he's working until late, and we both listen to Bach's cello sonatas, interpreted by, you guessed, Yo-Yo Ma.



Let me show you what I got with my gift certificate:





This is self-patterning yarn for socks. The sample at the store was very pretty, I hope I can get similar results. This is very thin yarn, so I also got 2.5 mm dp needles for it.




And I spent the rest of my gift certificate on wool roving:




I'm enjoying my soy silk spinning a lot, but when I'm done I'll dye this wool and then spin it. I did not know spinning could be so addictive. Here's my soy silk so far:




I thought about getting a better spindle with my gift certificate, but this dowel+CD spindle is good enough for me.


Finally, this is me wearing the top I made for my mother in-law.




It's a little wide for me, but I believe it will fit her.




I'm sure going to miss the people at my previous job, but I'm very excited about the new one.

2 comments:

Marta said...

Congratulations for the orange top!

And I wish you a lot of success with the new job.

nasheikah said...

wow . the top is very nic e... you did great .. spinning? fun , fun , fun ... try kool aid dying too ... very addictive ..have fun !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...