Saturday, September 18, 2004

Spinning

I got this message from Stacie:

"I saw that you made a spindle! Yay! What do you think? Do you like spinning? Think you will want a spinning wheel soon?"



Do I like spinning? Take a look:






Thank you for your inspiration. I like it so much that I made another spindle and I'm now spinning the Kool-Aid wool from last week. And of course, I've been spinning the soy silk too. I see now that soy silk is not for beginners, it is not as springy as wool, the fibers do not stay spun and the rovings cling to other fabrics very easily.




As for a spinning wheel, I confess I've been thinking about one, but I am clueless. I wouldn't know what to buy, whether a new one, an old one, how big... would I even know how to use it? They are expensive, too. You cannot just buy one and then sell it on ebay if you don't like it.



With so much spinning, my ribbed blue thing is being neglected a little bit:


But that's OK with me. I don't want to get bored with one project to the point I will not want to wear it later (it's happening to me just now with my chronic green tank, I got tired of its green color and I'm staying away from it for a while).

2 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, don't get bored with the blue ribbed thing... it's so pretty! Wow. I'm impressed with all the spinning you've been doing. That's awsome. I hear ya about the spinning wheel though... lots of things are like that, I find. You have to be very hardcore about something to invest in the heavy equipment. But well, maybe you will be that into it! ^_^ It's awsome to be about make your own unique yarn. I'm so impressed with your colour too. You rock!

Stacie said...

Wooooohoooooooo!!! It looks great! I learned how to Andean Ply at that "Fiber In" I went to today. It was pretty easy. Here is a link that will show you how to do it. Keep up the great work!

Stacie

http://www.mielkesfarm.com/andean.htm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...