Sunday, September 12, 2004

A productive weekend

I've been working hard, and I have pictures to prove it. This was my first Kool-Aid experiment, using part of the rovings I got with my farewell gift certificate:








































I inverted the lid while microwaving, that helped push the fiber in the middle so it stayed totally immersed in the dye. Still, you can tell from the last picture that the color isn't even, maybe it needed more stirring. I used tropical punch flavor and got this lovely salmon color. There's excellent color charts
here. And of course, you can click here to get even more information.



I'm also working on the blue ribbed top, I've started the armhole decreases on the back:

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I saw that you made a spindle! Yay! What do you think? Do you like spinning? Think you will want a spinning wheel soon?

froggy said...

that kool-aid experiment looks fun!

Missy said...

Thanks for the info about Kool-aid dying. I haven't tried it yet, but it is very tempting! ^_^ I may have to give it a go sometime! Your colours look so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...