Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Back from Mexico


I love coming home in Spring... I love the jacaranda trees in bloom, the mameyes, mangoes, guavas, and the fact that the rainy season has not begun. The air is, as usual, very polluted. But coming from Silicon Valley I should not complain. I had the chance to meet Andrea, who showed me her favorite yarns and where to find them downtown in Mexico City. I couldn't resist some peruvian alpaca blend and a brazilian cotton blend for the Summer.

I also took the opportunity to show my mother how to dye yarn with vinegar and food coloring. We made some self-striping yarn that she's already using to make socks.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


We used wool from my grandma's stash. Apparently, there was still some yarn in her house and an obscene amount of knitting needles. I took some tools and a pair from each needle size in the small numbers, since I don't knit with thick needles.

I also worked on the kiri, but not as much as I expected.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I promise to post pictures of the needles and yarn on my next entry. I haven't had the courage to rip the lace tee yet. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Wellcome back!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip!

Stacie said...

Welcome home!

Diane said...

Glad you're back safe and sound!...Love the socks your mum made, i love dying yarn it's so unpredictable however hard you try to get it exact isn't it? It certainly is unique and that makes it so much fun

:0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...