Friday, April 06, 2007

Pictures!


I'm still using my lousy webcam. The spouse got a new camera but, since it was me who broke the last one, I'm a little reluctant to use it. So please pardon the usual blurry images. First, my welcome home gift:



I love their scent, and I love the fact that my husband keeps bringing me live flowers hoping that someday I'll learn not to kill them. Let me show you now the cotton blend and the alpaca blend I got in Mexico City:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us                   Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I believe I'll do more shopping when I go home. Could you believe that I got a 4.5 mm circular needle with a 80 cm cable for about four dollars in the supermarket? That's right, a regular supermarket, I wasn't even downtown where everything's supposed to be cheaper. I'm using that needle for the kiri, but maybe a longer cable would have been better:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And here are some of my grandma's needles and tools that I brought with me:



Finally, I intended to start fixing the lace tee, but I started a sock instead:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

5 comments:

VaxGirl said...

How lovely that you'll get to knit with your grandmother's needles! That's so cool that there are places you can buy knitting needles in the supermarket, and circular ones at that!

Jennifer said...

What a great connection with your grandmother through her needles. The yarn you brought back looks lovely!

Sandra said...

OMG! I am drooling!

BTW, month ago, while staying at parets's I bough duble pack of needles (circ and dpns) for 2$! I bough everything that left!

Diane said...

I've got my late grandma's knitting bag and needles and all of her beautiful,very old crochet hooks....some are so fine that they prick your finger if your not careful :0) I love them, they are a much prized possession.I've also got a lot of my mums and my late mother in laws knitting needles.My mums still alive..TG!..and i taught her to crochet after my grandma taught me :0) Her own mum couldn't teach her but i passed it on!LOL

I virtually lived with my grandma,she lived on the opposite side of the road from us al our lives,and i spent many hours learning how to make things, and how to bake things.....A wonderful memory that lives with me always!:0)She was a beautiful,lovely lady whom i loved dearly and i still talk to her when i'm making something,i know it sounds funny , but i ask her to guide me through spirit if i stuck with something because she had great patience and would never quit!

Kathy said...

Knitting needles at the supermarket? That is so cool.



That is wonderful that you have your grandmother's needles and notions. I wasn't knitting again when my grandmother died, so I don't know what happened to all of her knitting supplies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...