Monday, April 09, 2007

Kiri milestone

Thanks for all the nice comments about my grandmother's needles. She was a very creative woman indeed, and she used to have a stockpile of crafty materials. We thought we had emptied all that when she died 14 years ago, but now that my grandfather died more stuff showed up.

Working on the kiri, I've reached a milestone: The end of the first skein.



I also finished the foot of the first sock and immediately started the toe of the other one. You know, to avoid the dreaded second sock syndrome, a lesson learned from  Kathy. Also, I haven't done the math required to adapt Wendy's feather and fan pattern to my gauge. I hope my Swapetines victim likes feather and fan socks...




And now I have to keep nagging Aeromexico about their stupid mistakes and the reimbursement of something I had to pay for twice. But after a week, I'm starting to lose hope. And since they must be certain by now that I'm never going to fly with them again, I think they care even less.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Good job on Kiri! Are you going to splice or do a russian join so you don't have to weave in ends?

Jennifer said...

Kiri is looking so lovely!

Kathy said...

Hey, that's me! So glad I could help you avoid Second Sock Syndrome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...