Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Still not knowing what to say


Yesterday, my petty problems were put in perspective. I have never understood what could possibly motivate someone to indiscriminately kill others. It's a kind of anger I'm just not familiar with. I mean, I've been angry and frustrated before, but I 've never had the urge to go find a group of people and gun them down. Hurt myself? maybe, but not anyone else. I can't imagine what could have provoked this shooting.

I have both sad an happy memories of my time at Virginia Tech. Research was too stressful for me, but I met my husband and made many good friends there. it's a pretty campus, with an international, cosmopolitan community in the middle of the very backwards and rural New River Valley. It was a boring place, but also peaceful and quiet. It's not a place I can associate to this massacre. But then, what place could be?

I didn't knit a stitch yesterday, and I don't feel like talking about knitting right now, but I did make pictures of my weekend knitting: sock and kiri progress.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us     

To answer Stacie's question about joining the second skein on the kiri, Kid Merino is impossible to splice, and a Russian join proved to be difficult. In the end, I did what the pattern recommended for Kid Silk Haze, which was to knit a few stitches with both strands together and then trim the ends.

Also, because Lolita and Andrea requested it, I made a dyeing tutorial in Spanish.  Most everything there was described in past entries to this blog, before I started my Spanish blog.

I appreciate all the warm comments I got to the post about my bicornuate uterus. For the record, I also have PCOS. I've said before that this is a knitting blog and I will not talk much about these things, because I do not want infertiliy to define me. This is the blog of a knitter that happens to be infertile, not the other way around.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I have no clue what to say about this horrible tragedy. I grew up in VA. It sickens and saddens me. What is wrong with this world :(

Sandra said...

That Kiri looks soooo soft and cozy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...