Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Linen Top

I'm done with the linen top. All ends are woven in and the armholes have their crochet edging. I wanted to show a better view of the cables and diamonds so I chose not to show you a mirror picture:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Whew! I'm glad It's over. I kept on knitting the lace tee, finishing the front and the shoulder seams:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


At this point, I should be knitting the sleeves, but, I tried it on and it is a bit short! I hate that. If I hadn't done the waist shaping it would be OK, but I will have to undo the shoulder seams, rip and make this longer. Because the neck requires crochet edging, I don't think I'm going to rip all the way down to the neck, only the shoulders. If the neck ends up being too low, I can fudge the crochet edging to fix it. But I don't feel like ripping just now, not after so much work. Besides, I'm going to Mexico this Thursday. I'm not sure I want to bring my knitting, because of the TSA paranoia. And bringing with me something this bulky seems like a bad idea. Maybe I'll just bring the kiri with me.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, you are quick! Great projects!

thuy said...

would you be so kind as to send me your mailing address along with your real name again? thank you.

Stacie said...

They both are very pretty. I get soooo aggrivated when something I knit comes out short. It happened with Soleil. From that point forward I started knitting the small width and large length! I'm too stubborn to rip Soleil.

Jennifer said...

Lovely!



Kiri will make a nice traveling companion.

Missy said...

Looks lovely! Great job.

Marlena said...

Those both look great! I love the keyhole in the back of the first one. The lace is very pretty, too.

Kathy said...

I love that top, both the color and pattern. It's perfect for summer!

Louise said...

I love how the linen top does up in the back. Both are lovely.



I hate things that are too short in the waist too. It's worth fixing for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...