Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A piece of advice


The back of the lace tee is done and now I am working on the front. It's becoming a very bulky thing to carry around:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Now here's my advice: If your eyes grow tired of knitting pink lace, don't attempt to rest them by knitting even more pink lace!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

It's actually peach, but still pink enough. Those are the first 19 rows of a kiri. Instead of Kid Silk Haze I'm using Crystal Palace's Kid Merino.  Like I said before, I've never used mohair and I've never made a shawl. It's beginning to sound like a bad idea. I think I enjoy knitting much more when I don't have to be reading a chart all the time. Plus, with my twisted stitches, those k2togs and ssk are inverted. ¿And the sk2p? That's just weird and doesn't look right. I came up with something I like much better but I cannot even explain it in Spanish, much less in English. Pictures would help, but I'm still stuck with a webcam.

4 comments:

jody said...

that lace tee is gorgeous! you'll be done with it in no time :)

Jennifer said...

Oh, the Lace Tee is looking beautiful! I'm glad you were able to come up with a stitch solution that you like on Kiri.

Stacie said...

Your lace tee is look sooo pretty!

Louise said...

What a beautiful tee shirt. I just started knitting my first lace project ever and I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...