Friday, March 09, 2007

Wavy seam


Thanks for the get well wishes, I'm already feeling better and I've had plenty of time to knit in bed. I'm a bit mad at that seam on the bottom. It's been bothering me ever since I completed it. It has an S shape,which I believe is due to the lace around it. I blocked that lace stripe before seaming, so blocking will not straighten the seam.  It is a simple three needle bindoff and I'm starting to think that maybe a regular backstitch seam would have worked better. It's too late for that, since I am about to begin the shoulder shaping.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


By the way, see that waist shaping? That's my own doing, because the pattern called for a straight tee. It's also much shorter than what the pattern calls for because I am a short person. Actually, I'm not that short, but I have a short torso due to scoliosis. Hey, that S shaped seam matches my scoliosis! Smile

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I have scoliosis myself. Dang it! It does cause a short torso. I'm glad you are feeling better. Your top is looking very pretty :)

Diane said...

Your top is very pretty and i love the colour too!....Pink is such a good colour!!!!!!



I'm glad you feel better,it's a bummer

having to stay in bed..... but quality knitting time ;)



Scoliosis,hmm,tell me about it i always say i'm an under achiever in the height department.....i stopped growing when i reached 4ft 11 3/4 inches (and that 3/4 inch is vital!!) when i was about 12 years old....we all have it .... it's a family thing and ducks disease too :)......but hey! we can't have everything

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...