Thursday, July 21, 2005

There they go again

Whether Al Quaeda or just sick imitators, I'm glad they failed and no one got hurt. Still, it scares me to think what could have happened if they had been succesful. And it saddens me a lot that there's still idiots out there who don't care at all about harming innocent people. How can they remotely think that Heaven could welcome them?



I've been busy packing and taking lots of pictures, mostly of the furniture and household items I'm selling on craigslist. I do manage to knit a few rows once in a while, but there's not much progress to show. I'll show instead a present I got out of the blue from my husband, who thinks playing with putty will help me prevent carpal tunnel syndrome:






I don't know if it will work, but I've had some fun "spinning" putty.



Not only is moving to another state very expensive, packing materials are expensive too. I've been scavenging hospital supply boxes for a while, but I have not found one big enough for my spinning wheel. Today I found out that an appropriate box would cost me 19 dollars. I'll keep on scavenging. On the bright side, yarn is a wonderful filler. Who needs styrofoam peanuts when you have yarn and rovings? Even WIPs can be used as padding.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Aww what a thoughtful hubby how sweet!

Jennifer said...

We also used large Glad trash bags to transport all of our clothes. I also used my dishcloths to wrap up most of my dinnerware.

Michele said...

I used yarn for packing materials when I moved at Christmas, too. Problem is - I haven't unpacked everything yet so I'm still missing wool. Sounds like a good excuse to buy more, doesn't it?



Happy packing, Pioggia!

Kathy said...

Good luck packing and with the move!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...