Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Still outraged

I don't buy the "they hate our way of life" explanation. It still looks like a bunch of mentally deranged sociopaths got together and as a result many innocent lives were lost. My heart goes out to the victims' families and friends.




Here are some pictures of my trivial felting adventures:







That's my purse, before and after felting. As you can see, a lot of color was lost in the felting progress. I was very careful and tried not to get any of it on the yellow strap, but was not very successful. The lesson I learned is this one: Don't felt with Kool-Aid yarn, especially if you have different colors. Which stands to reason, after all, my little felted case lost a bit of color in the washer (causing a little domestic disaster in doing so), so I should have been warned.




Here is another felting story in pictures:






Pretty ipod case, right? The problem is, that front pocket cannot accomodate the cable, much less the earphones. That should have been obvious before felting.



So I ripped that front pocket and made a bigger one, which I half-felted before attaching it to the case with crochet stitches, and then I re-felted the whole thing except the flap, because I did not want it to shrink any further. Pretty challenging. Here's the result:







The front pocket looks less felted than the rest of the case, and the earphones still won't fit. But the husband says he likes it, which is what really matters.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I know how you feel. It's horrible. :(



I think your IPod case looks good :)

Jennifer said...

I think the people who do these bombings and killings are sociopaths as well, but I think that they qualify their actions by thinking that we are the evil ones. Did that make sense? Boy do I need some sleep...

Michele said...

I know what you're saying about the bombings. It all seems surreal to me - the violence, the rhetoric.



On the knitting front, you're the bravest felter I know. Your experiments in colour and felt are an inspiration.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...