Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Thanks for the good vibes

We found an apartment and we did not have to look that hard. All were equally expensive but at least we got something near a bike trail and a train station. My husband will be riding his bike to work, so we won't need a second car. Too bad, because we had even chosen the car we would buy when we had the money, and we even got to test drive one purely by chance: We had an economy rental car but it had a leak, so we returned it and they replaced it with a pricier car which turned out to be the model we had been thinking on.



The apartment has a kitchen window, which I love, and a small balcony, which my dog will love.



Dog? Yes, I have a dog. Or used to have one. He's been in Mexico for a while and my parents have turned him into a spoiled brat. I think it's time I get him back, although my father might not be willing to give him up after two and a half years. I bet the dog would rather stay with my mother, but I believe she's tired of taking care of him. My husband is not crazy about him, but he understands that I need some furry company and that I miss my pooch.



Jennifer, you were right, it was very hot, but I believe it's hotter in North Carolina just now. I think I can stand the Bay area heat (at least it cools down during the night), and I'm sure I'll love the mild winters.



No knitting pictures this time. I did not bring my knitting with me but I just made a few more rows on the raglan.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you found a place. At least you know where you're going. Housing can cause a lot of stress.

Heather said...

Congratulations on finding something that sounds like a good fit so quickly! And that's exciting that you'll be getting your dog back -


Michele said...

Congratulations! Gotta love it when things come together smoothly like that.



I am so excited that you get to bring your puppy back to you! That's as exciting as your new apartment! Yahoo for you and puppy!

Heather said...

BTW - just out of curiosity, what sort of car would you have bought if it had been needed?

Pioggia said...

We wanted a Toyota Matrix or a Pontiac Vibe, and we got a Vibe rental without paying the upgrade. Neat!



It seems that I won't get custody of my dog that easily. Some other members of the family are complaining already. We'll see...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...