Sunday, November 05, 2006

Dog sweater


It's finished! It's long enough on the back, but the belly is still bare. It stays in its place because it curves inward near the rump. And, most important of all, it fits snuggly around his chest. None of the sweaters I've ever bought for him ever fit him so well. I should have thought of this before. The turtleneck was my husband's idea.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I can now get back to my pair of socks. I've decided I'll make them knee-high, which means I have to figure out how to increase stitches without messing the pattern.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Oh! Bless his heart! He looks so pleased with his new sweater and so cute and cuddly......the pattern is absolutely spot on it fits like a glove :) I know what you mean about some patterns, i've tried knitting for Teddie and Beckie but they never turn out quite right...i sewed them some nice coats last winter . 2 out of warm plaid material one side and quilted the other and also a pink for B and blue for T with fleece one side and quilt the other, they strap around the tummy and do up with velcro and theres a strap around the neck that closes with velcro...they like wearing them especially when it's raining when we go out.

Sandra said...

A dog with a style. Ain't he lucky one. Whne you go walking out with him do you get orders for that sweater? I guess there are lots of dogs there where you live!

Andrea said...

LOL - that's so cute! Now you need to make one out of Funny yarn patterned in a leopard print or something. :)

Stacie said...

It looks great on him!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...