Thursday, November 09, 2006

Almost Knee-High

The Jaywalker pattern is pretty, but it sure takes up more yarn compared to regular stocking stitch. I was able to increase  without disrupting the pattern (much). I wanted to add some ribbing but I ran out of yarn:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I have some of that patons yarn that I dyed red brick and orange because I wanted to make socks for my husband. But I ended up not liking the colors much and I never got to knitting another pair of socks for him, especially after he complained that the Lion Brand hand-knitted socks were scratchy and he's never worn them again. But I digress. Here are the two skeins that come from that former food color experiment.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


The picture's horrible, but what matters is the color. I'm planning on doing the ribbing of the socks in brick red. I don't think I should use the orange. A third option would be to use the original yellow color, but that would be even worse.

I'm thinking it's time to give the spouse a second chance and see if he'll wear a pair of hand-knitted socks made of a better yarn. We'll see.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

agree with brick red!

Andrea said...

Have you tried the Austermann Step? Fantastic yarn and more than enough in the 100 gram ball to make a pair of men's socks. I made a pair for hubby and they were more than long enough. And he has size 12! btw - no word yet about the job. :(

Marlena said...

I agree with the brick red. The orange is very nice though!

thuy said...

hi p, i mean g!



i love your red+orange. i wish we could do a dye off in person. what type of dyes do you use?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...