Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A possibility

I had a test last Thursday and another one yesterday, so  both my knitting and this blog were ignored for a while.

Just as I was debating about what to do with the sock cast-off I came across Andrea's tutorial. With this method, you create a "hem" on the sock without casting off. The instructions are in Spanish, but the pictures are self-explanatory and I don't believe a translation is necessary. I'm not saying I'll use this cast-off method with the current pair of socks,  but id does look like something worth trying.

You'd think I would get back to that pair of socks, but today I came across an interesting knitting challenge.

First, let me tell you that my pooch has an eating disorder. Yeah, I know, he's weird. Dogs are supposed to have an insatiable appetite but not mine. He's very picky about his food and he refuses to eat unless he has an audience. Both his vet in Mexico and his vet in the US say I shouldn't worry about him being underweight, since he is very healthy for a 14 old dog. Still, his lack of heft causes a little clothing problem:



That's my dear pooch wearing his size XS raincoat. Can you tell it is not long enough? But I had to live with that because the S size is too wide and wobbles from one side to the other, making him dirty the sides when he does his business. I just got him a new coat with velcro straps, and I thoght I'd be able to adjust the width. But take a look and notice how the velcro flap is hanging between his legs:



Of course, I'm planning on returning this coat to the store, but if I get the XS size it will be a very short coat. And this poor doggy needs all the coverage he can get, not only because he doesn't have much body fat, but also because he grew up in the tropics and he absolutely hates the cold! With the raincoat, I had to settle for the short one, but why should I settle for a short coat when I could knit one that actually fits? Hmmm, because I have a bunch on UFOs waiting for me to finish them? Oh, that's not a good excuse, is it?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Andrea's tutorial is just what I needed! Thanks!

Andrea said...

My kids had to laugh at your pictures of your puppy in his clothing. Very cute! As for my job, I don't know why I have to apply for it. In the past, if a position became continuing, the person that held the contract got the job. I think the college is just trying to cover its butt and make sure the best candidate gets the job. Sure makes the people currently doing the work nervous, though. How did you do on your exam?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...