Friday, October 20, 2006

Two unfinished socks


I interrupted work on  the first sock and started making the second one while deciding what to do about the cuff. The original pattern calls for 2x2 ribbing, which I don't know how to cast off with the kitchener method. I could do single ribbing and do a kitchener castoff, though I'm not good at it, or I could cast off the way I usually do, which is not as pretty, but then I can do whatever I want at the edge.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


The truth is, I don't like the kitchener bindoff. I've tried it with two pairs of socks and while I can say that it's stretchier than my regular bindoff, it's also wobbly. It's also a lot of work (due to my twisted stitches) and I'm not sure it's worth my time.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Those look great! I hear you on the cast off. I usually end up with my tried and true. May not be the best bind off, but it works for me.

Sandra said...

Well, just because of too tight cast-offs I left toe-up method.

Stacie said...

I am completely useless on this subject. I have never knit my socks toe up before. I can't wait to hear your solution.

Kellie said...

I love those socks such a perdy color! I just learned how to do the turkish cast on and soon want to learn short rows to tackle toe up socks! I love your blog. I'm a po knitter. LOL Most of my items are made with acrylic cause for now that's what I can afford. Of course most of my things go to my kids and my family so they get used and for me that's all I care about. I love just learning and playing. Have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...