Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bleach marks!

How on earth did I get bleach marks on my handknitted green tank? Has this ever happened to anyone? I can't figure out how it happened but here they were:



Luckily, I got away with dyeing the whole garment a darker shade of green. The bleach marks are not noticeable anymore but gosh, they shouldn't have been there in the first place.



I think I quite like this new shade of green. I'm still battling with my curtains and therefore have not knitted that second sock. I will get to it, I promise.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sometimes I get weird bleach-like marks on some clothes. I noticed that when my DH used certain kinds of creams (like oxy) we'd get more bleaching.

Missy said...

I like the new darker green a lot better too. It's so fresh and vibrant! Random bleach stains scare me, which is why I am very reluctant and careful to use any bleach at all. In university, my roomate cleaned the bathroom with bleach (probably not very dilluted) and I stained my pajamas while brushing my teeth. I was not very impressed. haha. I'm glad the dying was effective for you.

Sandra said...

I agree, darker green is much better!

Louise said...

I love the new greeen too. Random bleach stains? That is so wierd. I avoid bleach as much as I can. I've ruined so many favorite articles of clothing over bleach.

Name said...

I find whitening toothpastes are lethal! Just think.. you accidently cause a bit of spray with your toothbrush and if it bleaches your teeth....alas it gonna bleach your clothes ,i've done it to face clothes and towels too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...