Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Two pairs of socks

Imageshack tends to eat my pictures. Generally the old ones, so I used not to care about the broken links. But I've recently noticed broken links with some of the newer pictures, which is very annoying. So now I'm using flickr. I hate monopolies, but sometimes they make sense. Plus, I figure yahoo needs all the traffic it can get.

I started a pair of gray socks for my sister, who likes neutral colors. I'm using Maizy, since she's allergic to wool. This shade of gray is too somber for me and makes me not progress much.

Sister Socks


Now, the spouse had recently expressed some interest in a pair of socks, so I dragged him to a yarn shop and asked him to choose some yarn so I could work on two pairs of socks simultaneously. The idea was that if I got tired of the gray socks I could work a few rows in a different color. But what color did he choose? Gray. Comfort sock, a nylon and acrylic blend from Berroco. I promised to turn that yarn into socks later on, as long as he chose a different color for now. And he nicely went ahead and chose some green yarn. A very dark shade of green. Here are the two new skeins, side by side.

Berroco Sock yarns


The green yarn (which they kindly wound into a center pull ball at the store) is Berroco Ultra alpaca fine, a wool and alpaca blend in a color adeptly called peat mix. I am already working on it.

Not Gray Socks

Now I alternate between two pairs of gloomy socks, and there is yet another pair of gray socks in my near future. So much for bright ideas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...