Saturday, November 20, 2010

Heels

The sister socks have heels. And are getting close to being finished.

Top view:
Sister Socks


Side view:
Sister Sock


The image problem is solved, but I am now having problems with blogdrive. I changed the format of the page, but those changes took forever to show up. Plus my last entry did not show up in more than 24 hours. Apparently, their servers were down during a power outage a week ago.

I started this blog more than 6 years ago. Back then blogger was already more popular than blogdrive. I did not use it because I liked writing my own html. Whenever I made a mistake, blogger overwrote my own code. Not a big deal, links got converted into text, images were erased... What really bothered me was that, if I tried to go back and correct my own code, it was gone, blogger had rewritten it and I had to start all over again.

Many years later, blogger dominates the market. Lots of new nifty gadgets have been introduced and it looks really cool. It works like a little black box that more or less covers your expectations without you having to write any code yourself. Which is good, because it is still erasing the original code whenever it encounters a mistake. So I still don't like blogger.

Still, I am considering moving over. I am willing to bet that their servers are never down. Also, I fear the extinction of blogdrive. It does not seem to be evolving and it actually seems to be shrinking (their helpdesk people used to reply right away, but now they don't even bother to answer). They have added a few bells and whistles to their blogs but you have to pay for them, not so with blogger.

I know this blog already has lost its readership, and it should not bother me to start anew. Still, it breaks my heart to think I would lose 6 years of entries and comments. Blogdrive does not even allow you an export function. And I don't blame them. Their business seems to be dying, why should they make it any easier for their users to leave them?

2 comments:

Diane said...

I stopped blogging a while ago,i simply ran out of things to show and tell,and i'd noticed that quite a few blogs that i had followed just stopped...ie Stacie at faery crafty.I'vealways been linked to you so receive your updates and i always check out your posts, i had missed you in your absence and was pleased when you blogged again recently...it's just nice even now and then to catch up.I hope you don't have to loose everything and keep posting ;-)

Nutsue said...

Esos calcetines tienen muy buena pinta!



Por cierto, me gusta la nueva imagen de tu blog! Y no sé si soy yo que a veces no tengo muchas paciencia o que no se me da muy bien la informática pero con tu blog había tenido problemas para poder dejarte comentarios. No se si está relacionado con los problemas que comentas pero mucho mejor así!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...