Sunday, November 28, 2010

The advantages of marrying a code monkey

My wonderful spouse managed to rescue the entries from the old blog and transfer them all to this blog, including comments. This blogdrive to blogger process took him a few hours that I could not have been able to afford at the rate he charges, so it is really a significant gift. The Spanish blog is full of special characters that required some fine tuning, but it all turned out perfectly. I love how my entries are all archived in a more intuitive way than the little calendar blogdrive uses.

It is a pity that all the images from the first posts were lost when voila cancelled my account about a year ago. There's also the issue of pictures disappearing from imageshack. But overall, I am happy with having all my blog posts here, comments and all.

I have a crappy picture showing some sock progress. If you strain your eyes you'll find increases about an inch below the needles, on the center of the sock.




Not gray socks

The pattern  (ravelry link) is written top down but I converted it to toe up. There are decreases down the leg which translate as increases when going upwards. I made the first increase but I am guessing that I will not get to the next increase, since the spouse does not like his socks that long. Given that the increases disrupt the pattern, should I get rid of them altogether? The socks are not tight, and I don't mind ripping one inch of sock.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...